Fall 2022 Making A Difference Grant
Do you have a project or initiative you’d like to implement but need help funding? Are you in need of more resources to be able to better connect with students after the challenges faced this past year? If you have a vision for an idea or project for your classroom, complete an application for a Making A Difference Grant to help bring your idea to life!
The application deadline was Sept. 23, 2022. Grants will be awarded in October!
What is the Making A Difference Grant?
The Making A Difference Grant is intended to provide an educator the opportunity to receive funds from the Urbandale Schools and Alumni Foundation (formerly Urbandale Education Foundation) in order to assist and support creative ideas/projects that will “bring learning to life for everyone.” Grants will be awarded following an application review and selection process.
Criteria For Applying & Awarding Making A Difference Grants
- Grants are awarded for projects and initiatives not supported within existing school or PTO budgets.
- Before applying for a grant, please be sure to confirm your school building budget and/or PTO is not able to fund your project/initiative. If they are, please go through those resources first.
- The application is a Google Form. Once you complete the application, please have your direct administrator sign-off on your application or s/he can email approval.
- The application submission deadline is September 23, 2022.
- Factors to be considered in reviewing the grants include: Level of school need; Availability of funds and applications submitted; Impact on students in “bringing learning to life”; Overall design and feasibility of the proposal.
- Grants will not be awarded to educators for personal training or continuing education.
- URBSAF does not typically grant funds to external organizations unless the funds directly support students in the Urbandale Community School District.
- Grant requests may be fully funded, partially funded or not funded at all.
- Following review by URBSAF, the grants will be awarded in October. Any deadlines for the applicant in utilizing the funds should be noted on the application.
- Projects or initiatives must be completed by the end of the school year in which the grant is awarded.
- Purchase Orders must be submitted by April 1 and P-card expenses must be submitted by May 10. All grant funds must be used during the school year they are awarded, with a final reconciliation date of May 10 of the school year the grant is awarded. Thereafter, any unused grant funds will be returned to URBSAF in order to ‘pay it forward’ and support educator grants for the following school year.
- Although the URBSAF considers all grant applications, if an applicant has previously been awarded a grant for two consecutive school years for the same or similar project/initiative, the Board may elect to fund other deserving projects/initiatives.
- Historically, funding for grants has ranged between $100 and $1,500 per grant. Future grant awards are dependent on grant applications and available funds.
- URBSAF requests that grant recipients provide a brief summary of results/outcomes of the project (i.e. a one-page summary works great). This will help the Board with future planning and fund distribution as well as provide an update to donors as to how their contribution is helping to support the Urbandale Community School District.